

We had a great time last weekend. Friday evening we went to Brad's mission reunion. It was fun to see some of Brad's old companions and friends from the mission. Brad has been home from his mission for three years now. He's accomplished a lot in that time. After the reunion, we stayed with my parents in a hotel overnight. The four of us had tickets for the Saturday morning session of General Conference. So Saturday morning we headed to the Conference Center. It pretty much rained the whole day. We were very silly and left our umbrellas in our hotel room. I wanted to take them but Brad was like "It's just drizzling." Thank goodness for my hooded wind breaker. Anyway, it was so nice to be in the Conference Center and hear the Tabernacle Choir in person. In between sessions my parents took us to eat at Olive Garden (yum yum!) and then we headed back to the hotel to listen to the afternoon session. My mom and I had a fun time visiting while Brad and my dad were at the Priesthood session. Brad and I headed back to Orem that night. We enjoyed watching conference on Sunday from our comfy couch, while Brad was recovering from a nasty cold (which I feel like I'm getting today :(.) Thanks to mom and dad for treating us to a fun weekend. We enjoyed your company. As I pondered about what I learned from conference, I realized something of significance. When searching for answers to concerns I have about health, diet, exercise, politics, etc. I'm always looking for the most up to date information. I don't like outdated material because there are always scientific breakthroughs and research is constantly being done. I'm always searching for that new information that is going to be the answer to my concerns. What I realized is that when it comes to the Gospel, it is unchanging. What was once true will always be true. Sure we'll have talks that might be more applicable to one period of time than another, but the basic doctrines and principles will always be the same. I think that is why it is often referred to as an anchor. The Gospel of Jesus Christ is the one firm thing we can hold on to when everything around us is chaotic and confusing. It is the one thing we can be sure of. I find that very comforting and with this realization I've decided I'm going to put more time and energy into strengthening my testimony. No one can ever take it from me. With all of the chaos in the world right now, I need that sure foundation. I'm ever grateful for these Conference weekends. I seem to find a renewed strength and faith to keep pushing forward.
10 comments:
Oh how fun! We too got to go to one of the conference sessions, but we went to the Saturday evening. And believe it or not, that was the first time I have EVER been. Everyone seems really amazed by that seeing how I have lived her all my life, but when ever tickets were offered in my wards and such I got told "we are going to let those who are not from utah have them"
My favorite part was when the prophet walked in and the crowd went silent and just watched him in silent awe.
And the choir was AMAZING! It sounds so much better in person. I feel like all these years I have missed out. :)
I meant Sunday afternoon....sorry my bad
Shan! I loved your quirks! You are so cute! I also loved your testimony that you shared about conference. You are such a good example. We will be in Utah this weekend until Monday, so I will fill you in on the details leighter. (just thought I would bug you, I mean... later :). I hope we can chill a lot!
Love, Jules
You are so pretty! You are glowing in those pictures!
That is so true about the gospel, I sure am glad it is consistant and never changes or else I would totally be lost:)
Very true, thanks Shanna. Realizing and remembering this can help so much when facing the trials of this earth life. It's so easy to get lost and confused - so much to cloud the way. Thank you for your testimony and good example. You are a wonderful person - I hope you know that! You do look very pretty in these pictures!
Hey beautifu1 Shanna banana! Did you notice how may people spelled bananna on my blog? ...2! Isn't that just kind of funny. I love my sis. I can't wait to see you!
Jules
Wasn't conference wonderful! You look so pretty!
You look just like your mom! That's a cute pic of you and Brad, too. Yay for hangin' out with the mom during Priesthood session. I love that time!
Okay, so I just noticed that as I was criticizing people for spelling banana...bananna, I spelled beautiful, beautifu1, I don't know what is worse! All I know is that Shanna-Banana rocks and is beautiful! Love, Jules
Post a Comment