Whew! This was a full and fun weekend. Friday night I went to a Relief Society enrichment activity right after work. It was called Midnight Madness. As the name implies, this activity lasted well into the night. We had a yummy dinner which included salad and breadsticks from Olive Garden, which I love!! Then it was on to the crafts. I had signed up for three different projects. I should take pictures of them to post. I think they turned out pretty well, seeing how I don't do crafty stuff all that often. I had a good time getting to know the ladies in the ward. It's been fun being in a Relief Society with women of all ages again. I love learning from the wisdom of those who have been around a bit longer than me. We've really enjoyed our ward so far. Anyway, I stayed until about 10:30 p.m. so I could finish my projects. Then I finally came home to my lonesome husband. He didn't know what to do with himself without me. Actually, I think he enjoyed being able to watch all the football he wanted without me hasseling him to change the channel to something interesting. He deserved it after a very intense week with school.
Then Saturday, while the boys/men went to the BYU football game (where Brad got very sunburned), the girls went shopping, of course. This included my mother-in-law Tammy, Shelley and Megan (Brad's younger sisters), and me. We hit up the Provo mall and the University Mall. This kept us busy for several hours. No major purchases on my part. Just a couple of pairs of earrings. Nothing really jumped out at me. Much to Brad's relief, I'm sure! It was fun just looking around and helping the others look for things. Then we went to the Sunflower Market which is the new farmer's market in town. I was telling the girls about the great deals there and they thought it would be fun to check it out. Sure enough, there were still plenty of great deals there so we all got stocked up on some cheap produce. I'm talking 10 cents per grapefruit! It was fun spending time with Tammy, Shelley, and Megan. We had a good girls day out. For the grand finale, we met up with everyone at Grandma Roper's house for a pizza party to celebrate her birthday. We had a great time talking and relaxing, and well, eating of course! I love hearing stories about Brad's younger years, and when the family gathers I'm sure to hear more about the little mischief maker that he was. Of course he's all grown up and way past that now, right?:) It's been fun having Brad's family living right here in Utah. We get to see them a lot more and we love it!
2 comments:
SOunds like an eventful weekend...I just love the Sunflower market, it rocks!!!
Hey Shan,
I love the blog. You are such a great story teller. I would like to see the crafts you did. Isn't it great to have a few more girls in the family to shop with! I'm sure I would have beat Brad in the sunburn contest if I had been there. I'm glad you had such a fun week-end and BYU won!
Love MOM
Post a Comment