Thursday, September 4, 2008

What a Great Birthday!

So once again, no pictures but I've got to recover from this blogging drought. I just want to give a shout out to my hubby and to my co-workers who helped me have a fun birthday. The girls at my work were so thoughtful and brought fruit and vegie platters instead of birthday cake. It tasted great and it was a completely guilt-free birthday party. We ate fruits and veggies the rest of the day! They know I watch my carbs for health reasons and they were trying to help me out. They are so great! I couldn't ask for better co-workers. You girls really brightened my day.

Then when I got home, Brad had dinner all ready, along with a dozen roses on the nicely set table. He made homemade pizzas, completely from scratch. He made both Hawaiian and Supreme. I have been craving pizza, so I requested it. I can't even remember the last time I had pizza. This totally hit the spot. He did such a great job! And I could tell it was made with love. That makes it way better than any old pizza bought at a restaurant. Thanks honey! Oh and he totally surprised me with a gift card for i-tunes in addition to the gifts (clothes and jewelry) I already knew about. He knows how much I love new music! Hmmm...now I have to come up with a brilliant surprise for his birthday. Any ideas? It's just a few weeks away.

So basically, it was a nice birthday. Lots of calls from family, which I love. And I'm excited because my parents are coming to visit this weekend. We are going to shop, play, and eat good food. Will the fun ever end? I hope not!
Shanna

7 comments:

elise and jeff said...

It was a great B-day! We loved catering to your needs HEHE :)
One year older and wiser AND cheaper car insurance, gotta love B-days!

Kevin and Cherie said...

Hey Shanna!
I ran into your blog because one of my friends is actually friends with Julie. Your pictures are so cute!! I know we are friends on facebook but blogging seems a little more personal. Anyway happy birthday! Keep in touch!

Anonymous said...

Shan! What a fun Birthday! Way to go Brad! I'll have to call you with my brilliant ideas for Brad's birthday! I hope you had fun with Mom and Dad. When are we going to see you again? Half-marathon, anyone? I sure love you!
Love, Jules, (Stephanie Davies said Hi to you on my blog comment, FYI)

Clyde Family said...

Shanna! Nicole Wallevand well clyde now. How are you? You look good and looks like life is good for you. our blog is boydandnicoleclyde.blogspot.com

The Price Family said...

Shanna, I'm so glad you left a comment on my blog. It's so fun to find people and keep in touch through the blogging world. Yes feel free to add us to your list!
Take Care, Jodi

Genessa said...

Hey how are you? It has been forever. I am so glad to see that you have a blog it is so fun to see what people are up to. Hope everything is going well for you.
Genessa

Anonymous said...

Shan! So, I've given up on the phone tag, so I'm moving onto blog tag! I hope you have a good week! You are the best sista ever!
Jules