Thursday, September 25, 2008

Feel the Burn!!!

I have a membership at Gold's Gym, which I use quite often (sometimes I just workout at home because it's quicker, but I try to make an effort to get to the gym). I've tried classes here and there, but lately I've just been doing my own routine of weights and cardio. Nothing hard core but enough to feel like I'm active and healthy. Well today I decided to try out another class. It was called Power Pump. It involved a little bit of cardio, but it was mostly resistance training. We used barbells, dumbbells, resistance bands, fitness balls, and a step. Basically the works. I'll need to get there five minutes early next time just to get set up. I expected it to be tough, but wowza! I'm going to be sore tomorrow. We did so many lunges and squats, my legs still feel like rubber. I definitely felt the burn. I would have liked a little more upper body, but other than that I was pretty impressed with the class. I think I'll try to go to it a couple of times a week for the next month and see what I think then. The thing I liked about it is that it pushed me to workout harder than I would on my own. And it helps me stay on task and get more exercises squeezed into an hour than I would messing around with different weight machines. This instructor did not dilly-dally around, which I really like. When I wake up to go to a 6 am class, I want it to be worth my while. And I feel like it was, so I'll be back for more. Hopefully I can walk tomorrow!


So the dinner I made for Brad's birthday turned out awesome! Brad didn't get home until 8:15 that night so I forgot to take pictures. We were in a hurry to eat. Brad wanted some kind of creamy pasta goodness so I made a super yummy alfredo sauce recipe that I got from Paula and I added sauteed mushrooms and bacon to it. Then I found a great chicken recipe on the Olive Garden website. Then I steamed some brocolli because brocolli's always good with alfredo. Oh, and fettucine of course. It looked way better than the above picture but you get the idea. Boy was it good! What a tasty treat! We both loved it. We stuffed ourselves so it was a good thing I didn't make a cake. For those of you that know me well, you will know that I'm lactose intolerant so creamy sauces are not a regular part of my diet. I did have a little discomfort for a day or so, but it was so worth it. Every once in a while I just have to splurge! That has to be one of my favorite meals. I recommend it. We had a great time celebrating Brad's birthday and opening gifts. So it seems that the month of birthdays is coming to an end. That's probably a good thing because I don't know if my digestive system can handle much more splurging!




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yum! I'm drooling at this moment. Way to go to a 6am workout class! You're amazing!

elise and jeff said...

Hooray for Alfredo!!! I love that recipe too, but I never add mushrooms, yummo!
I still can't believe how early you get up...maybe when I go back to 8-5 I can do a 6:00am step class:)

The Price Family said...

You will have to post the recipe for the homemade alfredo sauce. I always use the canned stuff so I would love to have a good recipe. My boys love chicken and shrimp alfredo!
I'm impressed on your motivation for working out, to bad we didn't live closer to one another because I need somebody to give me boost :)