Friday, September 26, 2008

Scrumptious Alfredo Sauce Recipe

I had a couple of requests to post the recipe for the alfredo sauce I mentioned in my last post. I originally got this recipe from Paula (thanks for the recipe:)), but I have since retrieved it from the internet. It is very rich and probably not so good for the waistline, but I figure moderation in all things, right!? I added sauteed mushrooms and cooked bacon to it, and served it with chicken, brocolli, and fettucine. We both really liked that combination. Oh and I did add some garlic salt to the sauce for a little extra flavor. It would be great served with chicken, shrimp, fish, brocolli, artichokes hearts, capers, diced tomato, olives, or just plain with any type of pasta...whatever suits your palate! Enjoy! Here's the recipe:

Alfredo Sauce

Ingredients:
1 pint heavy cream
1 stick butter
2 tablespoons cream cheese
3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon garlic powder

Cooking Directions: In a saucepan combine butter, heavy cream, and cream cheese. Simmer this until all is melted, and mixed well. Add the Parmesan cheese and garlic powder. Simmer this for 15 to 20 minutes on low. You may wish to season with a little salt and pepper. It has been made with half-and-half, but heavy cream is preferred.

4 comments:

elise and jeff said...

Ruff that sauce is the bomb and I've already put it on my menu for next week!

Anonymous said...

Shan! You have been postin' it up! I think I am going to make the curry chicken tomorrow night! Tonight we are going hot tub (meaning, you go to the store and actually get to sit in the filled hot tub! ) and out to dinner, yeah. We are also getting our kitchen backsplash tiled today! So many fun things! I already cleaned the house, vacuumed, Maylie did the bathrooms :), and mowed, and ran 1 8:57 mile on my treadmill to top it off, I didn't want to overdo it! Now, I'm blogging, I probably should have sent you an email instead:)!
Love ya, and miss ya!
Jules

Anonymous said...

Shan! You're the best, have a good weekend! Thanks to you, I now know why weed- wacking, came up on my spell check! (Because it is actually weed- whacking) That looks much better. When I was writing it, I just thought it was incorrect because of the tense. But, anyway, you totally rock!
Love ya, Jules

Anonymous said...

Shanna, didn't you see that I tagged you? You have to write 6 unspectacular quirks about you on your blog and tag 6 other people!
I can't wait to see what you come up with~ Have a great day!
love~ Jules