Brad and I took a fun little trip to Disneyland and got back a few days ago. It turned out to be a really fun trip. It was great to spend some quality time together and just get away for a while. We got to go on plenty of rides, some of them twice. We had to pace ourselves because Brad has a little problem with motion sickness. But we found that if we didn't do too many big rides in a row, he handled them better. Anyway, he was a trooper and went on most of the rides I wanted to go on. Thanks Brad! We spent some good time at Disneyland, but we spent a little more time at California Adventures, which is another Disney park right next to Disneyland. They had more "big kid" rides and some fun shows to watch. We had fairly decent weather. I wore my jacket about half of the time. Not bad compared to the snow in Utah! Our favorite ride was California Screamin'. It was a roller coaster that went upside down. Brad seemed to handle it alright so we went on it twice. My other top picks would be Hollywood's Tower of Terror and Space Mountain. My favorite show was the live show of Aladdin. It was really well done and we had great seats. I was very impressed and I would recommend it to any of you who will be heading to California Adventure's this summer.
Our hotel was just across the street from the park entrance which was very convenient. We were able to go home for lunch and a nap everyday. It was great! We also ate lots of good food including Cheesecake Factory! Wow, their cheesecake was superb. Brad did all of the driving to and from California. I offered but he said he was fine. It was fine by me because I got to watch a bunch of movies on my I-pod.
Our trip was short and sweet, but it was much needed and much enjoyed. So now we're back into the swing of things and Brad has started the spring term for school. You know, I think when you get back from a vacation, you need a day to get organized and prepared for diving back into real life. Unfortunately we didn't have that luxury, but we survived just the same. I finally got myself to go grocery shopping last night and the laundry is all caught up. Life is good.
Here are some of the pictures from our vacation for your viewing pleasure :) Enjoy!

Just entering Disneyland!

Brad on the Mark Twain ferry ride

Still on the ferry

The captain invited the two of us to ride up at the top of the ferry, right next to him. The captain of the ferry actually took this picture for us. It was fun. Brad got to pull the horn a few times and we even got to sign in a guest book and he gave us a certificate. It was a really great view of the park.

Waiting for the rides to open at California Adventures. We were all set for the Tower of Terror and it proved to be a great ride. Not as intense as the one in Florida (if I remember correctly) but we still really liked it. We got fast passes for it and went on it again.

We like Monster's Inc. so this was a fun ride.

A High School Musical show. Some fun singing and dancing. Brad let me watch for about 5 minutes. He was hungry :)

A parade featuring all the Pixar/Disney movies. It was cute and creative.

Just outside our hotel, the Tropicana Inn. It was a great place to stay. It had a nice pool and hot tub, it was clean, and there was a fridge and microwave in our room. Oh and kind of a continental breakfast. We would stay there again. So close to the park we couldn't believe it.

Our favorite ride, California Screamin'. Oh and Brad did scream. Loud.

Just leaving California Adventures. We chose the 'R' since our last name is Roper. Cool, huh!?
15 comments:
I'm glad ya'll had fun! Cute pics!
How fun! I'm glad you guys got a vacation in before school starts up again. Sounds like California Adventure has a lot more rides since I last went. Did you love the Soarin' California ride? I loved that one!
Anyway, glad you had a great time!
Michelle,
Yes, I do love the Soarin' California ride. That would be my next favorite :) Thanks for reminding me of that!
So CUTE...I love the colors of your clothes with all the brightness of Disneyland. I love it there. Can't wait to return with our family. Love the updates.
Kellie
Lance and I went to Disneyland when we were newlyweds - it still ranks as one of our best trips together. :)
That looks way fun! I've never been to Disneyworld or Disneyland before! Hopefully we can go one day too!
How Fun! It's always nice to get away for a few days.
Fun, I am going to have lots of question for you come November. I even went and checked prices at the Tropicana already.
Shanna, I am so glad that you went to Disney. I work for Morris Murdock and can usually get even better deals then you get on your own. So, check with me before you book. Tropicana really works well with me. I sent 2 dance groups there and they loved it. Matt, his wife and kids stayed there this year too. It is a nice place. Your pictures looked amazing. It is fun sometimes to go without kids.
Fun! Cute pictures!
Looks like you had a great trip! It is always nice to get-away! We sure had a great time in Atlanta. I am spending every minute I can with Bri before he leaves Saturday, but the I am planning to do a mega post! It's important to have special vacation time just the two of you! Thanks for sharing the fun pictures!
That looks like so much fun! I'm lovin' the "R".
That looks like so much fun! I am afraid I wont be making any disney land trips for a long time... I am dying to go! I just need a break period
Your trip looked sooo fun! Tell Brad I enjoyed his blog debut, I miss him, and you, of course! We are so excited to see you guys in a couple of weeks, or so...! Love ya! Jules
That trip sounds so fun! We are a bit jealous;) We hope you are doing well!
Post a Comment