Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Trip to Idaho


I took a little trip to Idaho last weekend. I had an appointment in Idaho Thursday afternoon, so I decided to stay for a couple of days and play with my family. I had fun watching my parents in a play that was put on by their stake. It was called Esther. It was similar to Joseph's Technicolored Dream Coat in that it was musical, funny, and very entertaining. I was impressed with the scenery and costumes. They did a very nice job. I had fun hanging out with my mom and dad, as well as my sister Julie and her family. I had a nice visit with my old roommate Sonia. It was so good to see her again and meet her baby boy. We could have talked for hours on end! Then I got to babysit my neices while my sister went to the David Archuleta concert with her husband. They are such sweet girls. Ashlie even started warming up to me. She's my little buddy! It makes you feel so good when a two year old wants to be your friend. There's just something about it that makes you feel good. That night, I went with my sister and some of her friends to the midnight release of the Twilight movie. We attempted to make ourselves look like vampires and headed to Walmart. We had a fun time being silly. Jules knows how to have a good time. Saturday morning was spent eating waffles, chasing my neices around some more, and finishing up projects with my mom's assistance. I may be biased, but I think I have the best family! Here's some pictures that I stole from Julie's blog, because I had forgotten to charge my camera. We did a fun sister photo shoot at Julie's house.


Julie and me

A more dramatic shot
Mom, Jules, and me


Sista, Sista!
Outside of Walmart, entering into the Twilight zone! Do I look like a vampire? Nah, more like a zombie. We're not die hard fans, but it was fun just to hang out and have a good time. I bought a copy for my mom, but sadly I didn't even have time to watch it before I left Idaho. I did see it in the theater and I thought it was awesome!



Jules with her very own copy of Twilight! Thanks for talking me into coming with you Jules. It was fun!




8 comments:

elise and jeff said...

Cute pics...I love that movie-can't wait for the next one!

heather said...

I like the vamp pics the best! You and your sis are gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

That looks like so much fun. I love the family trips!

Natalie said...

I have to say that you BOTH know how to have a good time! Wish I could have been there too! I finally got to watch the movie and I thought it was lots of fun. It was fun to hear from you the other day!

The Price Family said...

You guys are so cute! Brings back old memories.

Colleen said...

It was wonderful to have you home. It has been a longggg time!
You always make me feel loved. Sorry I shared my flu bug but you seemed to recover much faster than me. I love the vampire photos and it fills my heart with joy to see you and Jules enjoy each other so much! I may be prejudice but you are the cutest sista's in the world! Thanks for sharing the fun!

Anonymous said...

Fun, fun, I totally meant to give you props for babysitting while I partied with Dave Archuleta... my bad! Come again soon! Love ya! Jules

The Cook Clan said...

You guys are so funny! Gotta love the Twilight pics.