Monday, March 16, 2009

Chef Bradley

Brad decided he was in the mood to cook this weekend. Fine with me, because I had plenty of other stuff to do. He cooked a gourmet pasta dish on Saturday and then he decided to make some bread. It was a longer process than he was expecting, I think. But he said it was well worth the effort. I agree, that bread turned out great! We've enjoyed that with our meals for the last couple of days. Good job, Brad! I'll have to make homemade wheat bread some time and show him that wheat bread can taste good, too! But I let him make it the way he wants when he's cooking, so of course he chose white. Then on Sunday, I was about to whip up some honey curry chicken (my fav) and he begged me not to. He said he would come up with a different meal using the same produce and cook it. I wanted a nap so he didn't have to twist my arm. I love having someone else cook for me. He cooked a really yummy chicken dish that was topped with red and green bell peppers, onions, tomatoes along with our homemade bread. What good smells to wake up to. Well, all I have to say is that Chef Brad can come cook in our kitchen any time. As long as he's not too messy! Thanks for cooking, honey! With a little Slap Ya Mama those dishes were a hit!

We also had dinner made for us tonight by our neighbor. I bid on having her cook us dinner at the Relief Society service auction. She cooked us ham fried rice, cashew chicken, and beef with broccoli stir-fry. It tasted great and the best part is, no dishes! All I had to do was put the tupperware in the dishwasher. So, basically I have been spoiled the last few days. And we have left-overs! Ah, life is good when I have time to do other things besides cook and clean.

5 comments:

heather said...

Yum! This is making me hungry!

Brian said...

That's some impressive initiative by Brad. Glad he's taking good care of my little sis. We love you guys and miss you!

Levi and Katie Hansen said...

I love homemade bread! I am pretty impressed that Brad knew how to make that! Good work:)

Anonymous said...

Way to go Brad! All of those dishes sound good! Love ya Shan! Jules

Colleen said...

Hey Brad I remember the yummy Jambalaya you made for Charlie and I when you were dating Shanna that is a fun memory! Glad you are still doing your best to charm Shanna with your kindness! Thanks for the fun time with Shanna last week end even though I wasn't well.
Love you lots!!!