Friday, June 5, 2009

My Big Brother

My brother Brian is an attorney for the U.S. Air Force. He's currently in Iraq for a six month deployment. He's been gone for almost a month and, from what I hear, he's holding up alright. I know it's been hard for him to be away from his family. Thank goodness for technology that has allowed them to keep in touch. I just want to say that I'm proud to have a brother serving our country. I can't think of anyone better for the job. I'm in awe of the bravery, determination, and faith that he possesses, all of which will help him make it through this deployment. We all miss him, but we are comforted in knowing that he is doing the Lord's work in serving our country to his full capacity. He is a great example of strength and courage to all of us. Brian, our thoughts and prayers are with you. Know that we love you and we couldn't be more proud of you. Thanks for you service!

Here are some pictures that show part of his journey in the Air Force.








I should also acknowledge that this has been a sacrifice for his wife, Natalie, and his kids, Kennedy and Nathan. I'm proud of them for being strong and supporting their dad/husband in this endeavor. Aren't they such a cute little family?

7 comments:

The Price Family said...

I had no idea thats what Brian was doing. Good for him! I enjoyed that post, you are a sweet sister.

Amy said...

Oh my heck?! I had no idea either! That is pretty amazing, we will for sure keep him and his family in our prayers.

Brian said...

Thanks Shanna! I'm glad your big brother makes you proud:) I'm definitely having an interesting experience over here. There's just enough action to keep life exciting, but not so much that I have to tell mom too many lies. Can't wait to see you guys when I get back in November.

Anonymous said...

Shan, you are the best sister! I am so proud of Brian too! I loved your last two blogs about the triplet's and Bri! I liked your Shad picture too. I guess Ryan and mines couple name could be Rylie or Juan, I just can't decide! Love ya, Jules

Colleen said...

I could not have said it better. Brian, you are our hero. Thanks for the sacrifice of leaving your sweet family. God Bless America. God Bless Brian!
Thanks for putting it in words and pictures!
Love you,

Levi and Katie Hansen said...

That is really cool that your brother does that! What a great service to give to our country! Tell him and his family THANKS!

Heather@Women in the Scriptures said...

Wow I didn't know that he was doing all that! It is good that he has so much support-- that would be hard to be away from family so long! We'll keep him in our prayers!