Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Fun Getaway

We spent the past weekend in Idaho. Brad had finished up the spring term and had a bit of a break. So I took some time off of work, and we took a trip. It was so much fun!! Here are some highlights from our trip:

  • We stopped in Smithfield on our way to Idaho to visit with Brad's family for a bit.

  • Brad, Ryan, and my Dad went golfing.

  • We had a couple of fun BBQ's.

  • We played some tennis.

  • We got to see my cousin Kim who was visiting from Hawaii with her cute little boys.

  • We ate at Johnny Carino's...YUM!!!

  • We ran in the Scenic River Classic. Jule's and I ran the 10k and Brad ran the 5k. We had a blast! Jule's finished a few minutes before I did, but I expected that. She rocked it up! I was excited because I ran it a couple of minutes faster than my last/first 10k, which was my goal. Brad did awesome and felt great during his race. He forgot to look at the clock at the end, but I think he made good time. This was his first long distance race so I'm very proud of him for training and finishing the race without walking. Good job honey!

  • We ate Jamba oatmeal (YUM!!) and fresh squeezed O.J. and Brad ran around in the banana man suit to encourage customers to come to an event they were having at Jamba. Put a costume on that boy and he becomes someone else! It was fun to see him running up and down 17th and Hitt, being all crazy. What a good sport!

  • Brad and Ryan went 4-wheeling on Ryan and Julie's land. This was Brad's favorite part of the trip.

  • Of course we found some time to do some fun shopping ;)

  • We went and saw Angels and Demons, and we liked it!

  • We enjoyed just hanging out and spending time with family and teasing our neices.

  • We went to church with my parents.

  • We had fun celebrating Father's Day.

  • We drove home during a nasty storm, but lived to tell about it :)

Thanks for treating us to a fun weekend, Mom and Dad! And thanks to Julie, Ryan, and the girls for hanging out with us all weekend. Ya'll are so much fun and we loved every second!

Playing tennis after the BBQ. Girls vs. boys...mwah ha ha!

Not sure what's going on with my face, but Jule's looks cute:)

Brad took this fabulous pic of Ashlie. Isn't she a doll?!

Maylie, Brianna, Ashlie, Branson, and Eli splish-splashin' in the fun new kiddie pool. They loved it!
Jule's finishing up the race. She's my inspiration!

Just a couple of miles left. At least I'm still smiling:) That jacket was so hot! I'm not going to pin the bib on the jacket ever again. Oh well, another lesson learned.

Yeah...almost finished!

Sister shot. It was so fun running this race together.

Finally a pic of Brad. His race was at the same time as ours so we didn't get any action shots of him. Sorry Brad! This is after the race. Legs are feeling like jello.

We are so tough! No?

6 comments:

Colleen said...

This week-end was a blast. It is so wonderful to feel the love! Good job on the race. I had fun playing with the girls. Next year I think I'll walk the race. Now I'm looking forward to the 4th of July. Only fireworks could top last week-end. Love ya!

Michelle said...

What a fun getaway! Good job on your race, I'm impressed!

elise and jeff said...

You rock! Good job for running yet another race...now you can take a break:)

heather said...

You are an inspiration to me, Shanna! Way to go!!

Anonymous said...

Great job on your 10K! Those are some great action shots!

Amy said...

Good for you guys! I am glad you guys had so much fun!