Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Roper Family Reunion '08


So a few weeks ago, we went to a fun Roper Family Reunion in Altamonte, UT. But of course I forgot our camera because it was still boxed up from our move. Anyway, I stole these pictures from some relatives. As you can see in the picture on the top, we're sporting our reunion t-shirts. The bottom pic is Brad and Jerod, our brother-in-law, showing off their snazzy rockets. I made one, too. Then we sent them super high using a rocket launcher. We had a fun time with it, especially DeLaney(sp) who is about 3. She made sure she had a turn after every few people. She thought it was the coolest thing ever! She's so cute! Anyway, we had a fun time visiting with everyone and eating good food. I especially enjoyed holding baby Madeline, our niece. She's one of the cutest babies I've seen. Thanks to all the Ropers who made this fun getaway possible, especially Grandma Roper. Can't wait to see you all again!

8 comments:

elise and jeff said...

Fun Fun with the fam...cool! Gotta love the wind through the hair, just like the TOP MODELS :)

Brian said...

Those rockets look like lots of fun. Hope you're enjoying the end of summer. Did you guys get football tickets this season?

Shanna and Brad said...

Brian,
We'll probably try to go to a game or two. I don't think we'll end up getting season tickets. We'll see. We have done tons this summer. So yes, we have been enjoying ourselves. Hope all is well for you. Love you!

Anonymous said...

Shan! Did you change your background? It is adorable. Did you hear about the 1/2 marathon in Boise on Oct. 25th? Are you in? I will probably walk and run...just finish and have fun! I hope you guys have a fun weekend!
Jules

callingallinglets said...

Shanna, I stumbled on your blog and I was so excited that you are a Roper. I have Ropers in my family line. Do your inlaws know if any of their lines came from Colorado? Someday I will find someone that can help me.

Your blog is wonderful. I love the family pictures. Those kids look close in age. Where do your Ropers live?

It doesn't seem possible that you are old enough to be married. I remember coming to bring your Mom food when you had just came home from the hospital. She was so excited to have you. I remember how darn cute you were. You will always be my little "Moppett singer."
Take care, Love, Roberta Inglet

Natalie said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!! I know this is a bit of lame birthday wish, but it's just been one of those days! Kennedy had story time and dance class. I spent all evening at a meeting. I am sorry I didn't get a chance to call, but I will try to talk to you soon. I hope you had a wonderful day. Bri told me about the fruit and veggie tray. I love it! Love ya! It's fun to have such a wonderful sister!

Shanna and Brad said...

Roberta,
So good to hear from you! Yup, I'm married and I just turned 24. I can hardly believe it myself. Time flies!

I'll have to ask my in-laws if they have ancestors from Colorado. I don't know much about the Roper family line. I'll look into it. Most of Brad's extended family are here in Utah. Brad grew up in Wisconsin, but his parents just moved to Smithfield, UT.

Like you said, the kids look close in age. Well they are because the youngest three are triplets. They just turned 18.

So how are you? What are you up to?Hope all is well. Thanks for commenting and take care!
Love,
Shanna

Anonymous said...

HI Shan!
I just wanted to say Hi and read all of your comments, I guess you could say that I'm your blog stalker!
Love ya, Jules