Fun and trouble!
"Just got done cleaning out Mom's purse for her...You're welcome, Mom!"
He was standing there with barely a hand on the table, but the second he saw the camera he was down and coming at me!
"Gotcha Mom! Now give me that camera...pleeease!"
Matchy matchy for church
Don't worry, Landon. I love refolding all of your laundry. Enjoy!
Landon is making progress with his walking, slowly but surely. He loves pushing this little firetruck around, especially if I pull the siren. He tries to imitate the sound of it:) So cute! Sometimes he pushes it with just one hand. Don't mind the boxes in the corner. It's all the decorations that I haven't gotten around to yet. I'm having a hard time getting motivated to do much decorating since we will only be in this house through the spring.
We're continuing to get settled here. Brad is really enjoying his job. He likes how the company runs and is feeling really good about being hired on. He likes the types of projects that he is assigned and is enjoying using his engineering skills. I really can't explain very well what he does, so I'll have to leave that to him:) We feel really blessed that it has turned out to be such a good fit for him. It's also nice to know that his chosen field of study was a good choice for him. He works second shift so he has been able to spend a lot more time with Landon since we've been here. I've enjoyed having him be able to get more involved in the various aspects of Landon's life.
With Brad being home more during the day, I've been able to find a part time job. I got hired about 8 weeks ago at a small gym called Absolute Fitness 2-3 days per week as a personal trainer. They specialize in a specific type of strength training called Super Slow. I was skeptical at first, but I'm becoming a believer in this type of exercise. I'll have to explain it more some other time. Basically it's a very efficient way to stay fit. Anyway, I'll probably average about 10-12 hours per week (which is plenty for me! On the days that I work, I only get about an hour with Brad and that is spent eating a late lunch and packing his dinner. A couple of weeks while I was getting trained I was there 16 hours a week plus doing some reading for it at home and getting ready for a project I was in charge of for Super Saturday at church and it was just too much. I think part of the frustration was that the training I was receiving was not very efficient or effective. Lots of stories along with tidbits about future business plans, but not a lot of practical info for me to work with. I've learned more from just taking clients through the workouts. Anyway...). This is my first job working as a personal trainer. It's quite different than the other job I was training for back in Twin Falls that fell through. It was very intimidating to me at first, but each week I'm gaining confidence in my abilities. I still come home and pick apart my every mistake, but I'm working on that:) So far the clients have been very nice and patient and understanding. I've met some very interesting people and had some good conversations. It's definitely stretching me. Brad and I get to use the equipment at our convenience which is a nice perk (everyone else has to pay a premium price per session and have trainers take them through, except for the handful of other trainers and one sweet little old lady and her daughter:)). One down side to it being such a small gym is that there is no daycare, so we haven't worked out together yet. I'm taking over Brad's workouts this week. My boss has been taking him through for a bit to help him get his settings figured out on the machines (which is really nice of him). I'm sure eventually Brad will do it on his own, but I think he might need a cheerleader for a little while longer:) We might just bring Landon along in his stroller...we'll see how that goes. Anyway, I'm hoping that as I get better at this I will learn to enjoy it. I know that it could be a really great outlet for me and help us save up for a house next spring. So I'm just trying to push through this tough phase so that I can get to that good part. I know, I know, I'm supposed to enjoy the journey. But can I just get to the part where I feel like I'm a great personal trainer and I come home feeling energized and ready to tackle any task at hand rather than coming home and feeling completely spent? I'm hoping that it will come with time and practice.
Anyway, we are keeping busy. Never a second to get bored. I guess that's good. We are fully recovered from the recent bouts of colds and pink eye, and the teething pain has eased up for a bit (on Sunday afternoon and evening Landon just wanted to be held for several hours, all I can come up with is teething pain). I can't believe the holidays are right around the corner. Looking forward to some good company and some good food!


4 comments:
Sounds like life is good in Illinois! We are happy to hear that! Sometimes when I get frustrated by my things I get to do that I haven't done before, I remember that life wouldn't be very fulfilling if I was good at everything I did and never had to learn. Chin up. Keep up the good work!
Awe, he's so adorable! He has such big blue eyes. He'll be walking in no time.
We love Landon! We love you and Brad too but he is sooooo adorable.
What a little tease. Thanks for the video. It makes me feel like I am not missing out on so much!
We will miss you at Thanksgiving but we are happy you get to visit with some family!
We are THANKFUL for our ROPER FAMILY!
Yes! Life is about balance! You are such a good Mom and Wife! And Sis! I love all of the updates~ so glad we can keep in touch! Hugs to everyone!!!!
Post a Comment