Our sweet little Landon turned 4 months old yesterday. I'm not sure how it's possible, but he just gets sweeter every day! He really is such a good baby. Most of the time he only cries if he is overtired or if he is hungry. I'm finding that it is very empowering as a mother when you start to figure out what the different cries mean and what he needs. The first couple of months I kept finding myself puzzled. The last couple of months have gotten easier with reading his cues. He nurses really well (sometimes he's a sleepyhead) and he's a great napper. I sometimes have to wake him up from a nap to feed him during the day. As for the night time sleep, it's hit or miss, which is okay at this point. Sometimes he wakes up a few times at night, sometimes not at all. On average I feed him 1-2 times per night and he goes right back to bed. Yes, I am tired. But most new moms are, right!? I've read several books (Babywise; Baby Whisperer; Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child; What to Expect...; Baby Center...; don't worry I only bought a couple, I make good use of the library) and I've applied what I like from them. I'm trying to figure out a good routine for him and I find this all very interesting (and a little confusing at times) so I have another couple of books on the way. I'll let you know if they are good resources.
Anyway, I just love being a mom to this little guy. He really does make my life seem more complete. His smile warms my heart and being with him helps me focus on the present because I want to cherish every minute with him! Brad and I can't imagine our lives without him.
Landon had his 4 month check-up on Monday. Here are the stats:
* Height: 24 3/4 inch (50th %)
* Weight: 14 lbs 5 oz (50th %)
* Head Circumference: ? (25th %)
What he can do:
- sit in his Bumbo for up to 10 minutes
- lift his head during tummy time
- let me know very clearly when he is ready to be done with tummy time:)
- bat at his toys on his activity mat
- entertain himself for a bit so mom can get some studying or cleaning done
- giggle with delight when we play patty-cake or peek-a-boo
- wriggle his way into the corner of his crib
- kick his legs the entire time I am changing his diaper or dressing him
- suck on his thumb or entire hand
- soothe himself to sleep (such a blessing!)
- stick his toys in his mouth
- make gurgling and growling sounds
- make mom fall head over heels for him with his sweet smile and big blue eyes
Here are a few pics I took today:
2 comments:
I'm so happy for you, Shanna. It's a wonderful life!
Our Landon is growing up way too fast. I can't wait til Grandma gets her Landon fix!.
Post a Comment