Sunday, November 21, 2010

Halloween Fun

With Shanna being so busy studying for her Personal Training Certification and taking care of Landon, I thought I would write a little on this cold snowy Sunday morning. We had a great Halloween together this year. We went to our church for a little neighborhood trunk-or-treat on the 30th, since Halloween was on a Sunday this year. Thanks to my job I have access to two big banana suits, so we decided to dress Landon as a monkey. He was the cuties monkey ever, as the pictures prove!

For actual Halloween I spent the night hanging out by myself. Shanna and Landon went on a little 2 week vacation/surgery and recovery. Shanna will have to tell you the name of the surgery because my brain doesn't register such large complex words :) But basically she had her acid reflux fixed. This was a planned surgery, since we had met our deductible we decided to go ahead and get this taken care of. It was a huge success. She shouldn't have to take any more reflux medications for the rest of her life. We found it interesting that they do this surgery for little kids now. When Shanna wanted to do this surgery as a young teenager they wouldn't let her. It's amazing how fast technology and medicine has change in just the past 10-15 years.

It is nice to have them home with me again as we go into this great time of year. I always love spending time with Shanna thinking about the past year and the many things we have been blessed with. This year we are especially grateful for Landon. As most parents would say about their kid, he is the best baby ever. We are also extremely grateful for my employment. It was a difficult move to make having a bachelors in mechanical engineering and taking a job in management but if given the chance again I would make the same decision. I have loved this job, it has given me so many skills that I would not possess had I not taken the job. I find myself being nicer to people at businesses. I always notice if I am welcomed into the store or not. I have met many people and talked to many people that I would not have had I not taken this job.

So as it snows outside in this beautiful little town I express gratitude for my family and this life we have been blessed with.

3 comments:

heather said...

Love your costumes! Landon IS the cutest little monkey!! I'm glad the surgery went well. :)

Levi and Katie Hansen said...

Oh, your a little Jamba Juice family!:) I can't believe you had surgery Shanna! I hope that recovery continues to go well!

Colleen said...

There are so many things to be thankful for. Our family is always top on the list. Thanks for sharing!