Me and my Honey in Island Park!
4-wheeling with the fam!
My sister's cute little family: The Arfmann'sWe went to Island Park with my parents and the Arfmann's (Ryan, Julie (my sis!), Maylie, Brianna, and Ashlie) for Thanksgiving break. We were able to get away and meet them in Island Park last Wednesday. We stayed in some condos because my parents have a timeshare there. We had a fun time swimming, 4-wheeling, eating, watching movies, making ginger bread houses, and playing games. It was very relaxing and Thanksgiving dinner was great. Brad's apple pie turned out excellent! My only complaint is that the toilet was flooding when I got up to use the bathroom in the middle of the night. Oh, and I caught a nasty cold. Despite that, it was a nice little getaway.
On Saturday morning we headed back to Idaho Falls. We got to talk to Brian, Natalie, Kennedy, and Nathan using my parents webcam. It was good to see all of them. Little Nathan is soooo cute! I've only seen pictures of him so this was the first time I had seen him in action. We're thankful that he is feeling better. That night we went to see the movie Twilight. I've read the series and, for the most part, I enjoyed them. I thought the movie was entertaining and well done. It could have been just a little longer in my opinion (which I usually don't say), but it was good anyway. Brad even liked it! We both thought it was better than we expected. I can't wait for the next one, whenever it comes out. We stayed at my parents house that night, went to church with them the next day, and headed home Sunday afternoon. We enjoyed spending time with family and kicking back. It's so fun to watch Maylie, Brianna, and Ashlie grow up. They each have such fun unique personalities. I must say, I am jealous of Brad because Ashlie prefers him over me. I think it's because she likes it when he chases all of them around. I'm just not quite as much fun as him. I really enjoy seeing them play and laugh and learn. I can't wait to have my own set of cute little kids. Anyway, I've been meaning to post some pictures from the trip all week long and now that it's almost the weekend, I'm finally doing it. Better late than never, right?!

9 comments:
How fun, thanks for sharing and GREAT pics!!
How fun. I love Island Park.
What fun pictures. You always have a great time. Wish we could have been there! We love you both!!! You know your always welcome out here for a little get-a-way!
The girls love their Aunt Shanna and Uncle Brad! Today Maylie randomly asked me "Why doesn't Shanna and Brad have a baby yet?" Well... Brianna asks me, "Why can't you give the missionaries a ride?" Well...Funny, cute kids! I loved your blog! I think Christmas break will be just as fun!
Love, Jules
I love the picture of you and brad together. What a good-looking couple:)
This was a fun post... how did I not see it until today. My blogging skills are slacking!
You and Brad are super cute in the first picture.
Have a fun weekend! Ask Brad if he can make up another "operation umbrella" for me to unaccomplish! That was kind of fun! We love you guys! Check mom's blog!
Jules
What cute pictures. Hope you both have fun talking in Church on Sunday. You have a great way of expressing yourself. Thanks to both of you for doing so much for making our Thanksgiving get away special for all of us. Do you think Brad will let us add his great apple pie to our list of Thanksgiving traditions? That was so good and your "sweet potato pie was delicious too. I appreciate your interest in making things special for everyone. Love you both!!!
Mom
Wow! I didn't realize Julie had 3 little girls already! Time goes by so fast! It is nice the we have a way to stay in touch! You two are a sweet couple.
Post a Comment