
Every year my company provides us with tickets to a Utah Jazz game or two. Our turn came around last Thursday (on very short notice), but it's always a lot of fun so we decided to change our plans and go to the game. We love it because we get to sit up in the company's box suite, which provides a great veiw of the court. We also get spoiled with good food, drinks, and goodies. Let's just say that Brad goes a little overboard when there is free soda and delicious guacamole available. He suffered from a tummy ache all night long. I must admit, I probably ate twice as much as I should have and did have a slight stomach ache. There's just something about free good food that makes it hard not to splurge. We both recovered quickly, but we've decided to have a little better restraint at the next game. Anyway, it was fun to be there with some of my co-workers and see them outside of work. It was a very entertaining game. They were playing the Trailblazers from Oregon. The Jazz seemed to be playing very well (to me, who doesn't know much about basketball). They must have done something right because they had a strong win. I can't remember what the final score was, but we won and that's what counts. The mascot was especially entertaining and the half-time show was pretty neat. It was a one man show. He did some cool juggling tricks, then some balancing tricks, and combinations of both, all while dancing around. He also got up on the tallest unicycle I've ever seen. He road it around the court for a while and then attempted to shoot basketballs into the hoop. Not much luck with that, but I was amazed he didn't fall off. Anyway, because it was a late game, we didn't get home until 12:15 am. Needless to say most of us were a little tired at work on Friday. But we were all glad that we went. Memories! There are some great perks to working for Nutraceutical, this being one of them. My husband enjoys it even more than I do, I think! I stole the top pic off of Elise's blog (thanks!) and I'm going to get another one from her that she took of us. I'll post it later.
Brad and I were asked to speak last Sunday (two days ago). We spent quite a bit of time over the weekend working on our talks. I get really really nervous about preparing and giving talks. It's one of the scariest things for me. Brad doesn't get quite as nervous as I do, but he doesn't really like public speaking that much either. Well, after the long and drawn out process of getting my talk just right, I gave it, it went fine (although I know I sounded really nervous), and I didn't faint up on the stand. I felt pretty good about it. I hope that with more practice, it won't be so hard for me. Brad did a great job and took the topic in a different direction than me. It wasn't exactly the best time for him to speak, because he has five finals this week that he needs to be preparing for. But he prepared his talk in a timely manner and without complaining and it will all work out. He just called and told me that he finished his first final, which was a doozy, and he felt good about it. One down, four to go. I'm so lucky to have a husband that doesn't stress out as much as me. He handles stress quite well and he helps me stay grounded and keep things in perspective. This is probably one of the things that drew me to him. He helps calm me down and teaches me to not sweat the small stuff. There's so much I could learn from him. Hopefully his calmness and contentment will rub off on me.
2 comments:
That jazz game sounded fun! I am with you on speaking in church, I usually cry throughout any talk I get, and not because the spirit is strong, but because I am so nervous and my only reaction is to cry. I guess sometimes it is because I am talking about somethings spiritual but for the most part it is because I have a million people looking at me so my nerves are all tied up and twisted.
Hi Shan and Brad!
Iloved the blog. I am excited to read your talk. Brad and you make a great team. Dad and I talk about how we each have our strengths. We have had especially in our prayers for finals. We will celebrate his success after Christmas!
Love MOM
Post a Comment