Sunday, January 8, 2012

A few pictures from Christmas 2011

This was our first time having our own little family Christmas. It felt a little weird not getting together with a lot of family like we are used to. But we made the most of it and tried to start some of our own family traditions. 

We enjoyed a yummy ham, homemade rolls, steamed veggies, and egg nog on Christmas Eve. Simple, but very tasty. Then we got Landon ready for bed and into his Christmas PJs. We listened to and looked at The Cajun Night Before Christmas, like we have ever since I've known Brad (he went on a church mission to Louisiana). It always gives us a good laugh. Landon was pretty intrigued with the little tape recorder. Maybe next year he'll get into the story. Then we read in Luke about the events surrounding Jesus' birth. We finished off with a few Christmas hymns. We put Landon to bed and exchanged our Christmas Eve gifts (a sweater for Brad to wear to church the next day and Just Dance 3 for the Wii!). I was super exhausted so we watched A Christmas Story while we folded some laundry. Lame, I know. Christmas time is a little different when you throw real life and responsibility in the mix:) Here are the few pics that we remembered to take that night.




On Christmas morning we went to church. It was a very nice meeting and helped us focus on the real purpose of Christmas. We held off on the present opening until after because we didn't want to be late. I was surprised by Brad's self control, as he's been known to almost hyperventilate with excitement about Christmas morning:) Maybe it's because he knew he wasn't getting many surprises this year. Poor guy. He did get some cool stuff, just not much that he didn't know about. Had to stay within the budget. He was a good sport, but I'll have to surprise him big time next year:) Brad did a good job of spoiling me. I'm loving my new Kindle! Landon liked tearing into the wrapping paper for a little while, but once he got playing with his new toys, he wasn't so interested. He's been having fun learning how to use his new toys!

After opening gifts, we threw together a salad and headed to the home of a family we met at church for Christmas lunch/dinner. It was fun visiting and eating and playing games with them. Then we headed back home to make some Christmas calls to family and get Landon fed and down for bed. Overall we had a pretty laid back Christmas. Here are a few pics from Christmas day. With church and going to another town for the afternoon, we were busy enough that I forgot to take too many pictures. Plus Landon is really a challenge because once he sees a camera out, he just wants it. So there's always got to be a strategy. And sometimes I'm too tired to come up with that strategy as to how to get some decent shots of him. I have to be sneaky:) Hopefully more to come in the near future. 










No comments: