Sunday, August 14, 2011

Landon's 1st Birthday Party

Landon turned 1 on July 30th. I can hardly believe we have a 1 year old! We had a little birthday celebration for him a couple of weeks ago and I've been trying to get around to blogging about it since:) We also celebrated Teryl, my father in law's, birthday. It was fun for them to blow out the candles and open gifts together. I felt bad because we were all so caught up in watching Landon with the cake and candle, etc. that we forgot to say Teryl's name when we were singing! He was a good sport about it. I guess when you've had 29 birthdays, you've been sung to a lot:) We couldn't get many smiles out of Landon during the party because he got so distracted with all of the people and the decorations. He was still being cute as always (yes I am biased). It was a nice little family party. Thanks to everyone who came to celebrate with us! We appreciate your support and it really made it a memorable day.

Here are many many pictures from the party. Sorry so many, I hate choosing pics. They are backwards in order because of how I uploaded them and my computer is being difficult and not letting me move them around. Oh well! Better to just get it posted than to wait for it to be perfect, right?!

Playing in the hose to clean off the cake and ice cream. He loves playing with the hose!
Brie, Ashlie, and Sophie. They are always fun to have at parties! Maylie, their big sister, was great, too. She blew up all the party balloons for me!

Landon and Grandpa Teryl blowing out the candle.
It was funny. Right after we got done singing, Ashlie came up from the side and blew the candle out for them! I have it on video and it was pretty cute. We lit it again for the guys to give it a try. Landon just stared at it:)
"What's that bright thing?"
Cutie-pie face!
Enjoying a gift, along with all the fun girls!
Family pic
Grandpa Teryl and Landon, The Birthday Boys
Family pic
Brad made a DVD of pictures and video from Landon's first year. Landon loved watching it!
Entranced by the show:)
Landon with Mommy
Chowing down on some dinner. He loved Grandma Roper's deviled eggs!
My first try at a decorative cake. Perfectly imperfect, right?! It's a monkey head, in case you can't tell:)
I made sure to take a picture soon after I frosted it just in case it fell apart. I wasn't too sure the ears would stay on, but thankfully they fared all right. The cake was pretty dense because I baked it in a Pyrex bowl and it took like 90 minutes to bake! It still tasted alright, just not as light and fluffy as the cupcakes. Thankfully we had lots of those because I doubled the cake recipe. We had lots of cake batter!
Landon liked the cake, but he wasn't too sure about ice cream!
Examining his "new" play table. Thankfully he's playing at it right now while I finish this blog post!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So FUN! I wish we could have been there, but HAPPY BIRTHDAY to your little man!

Michelle said...

What a cutie! Has it really been a year already?!

Looks like he had a fun party!

The Price Family said...

cute cake!

Colleen said...

I am so proud of you for making that darling monkey cake! You only have one 1st Birthday! We had so much fun with everyone on that special day.