Sunday, January 30, 2011

6 months old!

I can't believe that our little Landon is 6 months old today! He is still the sweetest and cutest baby I know (okay, maybe I'm biased:)). But he really has a pleasant disposition most of the time. Not much gets him too worked up. He has brought us more joy than I could have ever imagined. Here's how he is doing:

Eating: Landon has stopped taking a bottle for the past month or so. Dang! That makes things a bit more complicated with my job training but we are working it out. He has started eating some solids the past couple of weeks. So far he has eaten rice cereal, bananas, pears, and prunes. Yeah, I know you're supposed to do vegetables before fruit, but I was desperate for him to eat something while I was gone to Sun Valley and we had the fruit on hand so that is what came first to help the rice cereal go down. He seems to be liking it a little better each day.

Activity time: Landon can sit all by himself for short spurts. I think his record was about a minute before losing his balance and tipping. We are practicing with him everyday to teach him how to roll over. Tummy time is growing on him so that should help him have more practice. He can spin himself 180 degrees on his back and tummy. He loves batting at toys and he is becoming much more skilled at grabbing objects. Everything goes in the mouth! He loves his Baby Einstein activity center.

Sleep: He still takes 3 naps a day (lasting about 1-2 hours each) and usually only wakes me up to eat once in the early morning and goes right back to sleep. The past few nights he has gone progressively longer until his early morning feeding...5 am Friday, 5:30 am Saturday, 6 am this morning. I'm hoping that the pattern continues:) He seems pretty content eating 4 times during the day with an additional early morning feeding. So basically I'm hoping that the early morning feeding drops soon. But I'm not going to force it if he truly seems hungry. Overall, he is a pretty good sleeper.

Landon and I came down with a nasty cold on Christmas Eve and we are both finally getting over it. Landon seemed to have an ear infection with it, so he was started on some antibiotics. Now he just has a few eye goobers in the morning instead of having his eyes completely sealed shut. I'm so glad he's feeling better!

He has his 6 month check-up tomorrow. I'm excited to see how much he has grown. It seems to me that he is growing fast. I'll let you know his stats tomorrow. Here's some pictures of our cutie pie. More to come tomorrow.




5 comments:

Betsy said...

What a cutie, Shanna! I'm so glad you guys are loving it. I'm so excited for you in your job training, also. It sounds like you are busy, and doing so well! I'm glad to hear he's sleeping so well, too! What a champ.

haley said...

Landon is adorable! I love that church outfit. I'm so sad to hear you two have been sick. I'm really hoping we didn't get you sick when we were there. I would feel terrible! Way to go Landon on sleeping better. That is so great. Time flies! Can't believe he is 6 months already. :)

Jules said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jules said...

Oh man! I can't wait to give that kid a hug! I thought about him all day on his 6 month birthday!!!! We just love that little dude! Can't wait to party with you this weekend! Love, Jules

heather said...

OMG! He's getting so big. Time goes by so fast. He's adorable. Shanna, I miss you terribly, girl.