Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Fun Weekend & Good Luck Alan!!

This past weekend we had the chance to visit Brad's family in Smithfield. On Saturday we headed to Bear Lake to spend some time with Tammy's family. We were planning to spend the whole day basking in the sun, jet-skiing, and boating. Well the weather didn't want to cooperate. Thankfully it stopped raining in the afternoon so we could get some jet-skiing in:) It was not the greatest weather. I think the temperature was in the low 60's and it was a little windy. We mostly sat up on the beach and chatted and munched. Tammy and Teryl had rented a jet-ski so we took turns riding it out on the lake. I love jet-skiing, but I don't love being cold so it took me a little while to build up the courage to take my turn. I'm glad I did. I got Brad to come with me and we had a nice ride. The water felt surprisingly good when we hopped off of the jet-ski after being wind-blown. So then we headed back to Tammy's sisters' campsites and had a fun dinner. The best part was taking turns on a pogo-stick. I never knew what good entertainment a pogo-stick could be. I wish I had remembered my camera. That would make this much more interesting. Oh, well.

So Sunday was exciting because Alan gave his farewell talk in church. A lot of family and friends came to listen and wish him well. He did such a great job and I can tell that he will be a fantastic missionary. He has prepared well and he is ready to get out there. He will be serving in the New Hampshire, Manchester Mission and he leaves tomorrow. Good luck, Alan! We'll be praying for you!

Colin surprised us and got ordained an Elder right after Sacrament meeting. Even his parents didn't know. It worked out great because we all got to be a part of it. Sneaky, sneaky!

It ended up being a really fun weekend and we had a great time visiting and catching up with family. Now I've got to work on my packing list for our next excursion. Tomorrow we leave for a family reunion with my immediate family. We're heading up to Salmon, ID. We'll be staying at a cabin there and doing all kinds of out-doorsy things. We're both looking forward to the break. I'll let you know how it goes:)

Alan and Brad after church
(funny story--someone told Brad good luck at church thinking he was Alan!! I thought it was funny because Brad's been home from his mission for almost 4 years:) That's okay, I look young too!)

3 comments:

Janae Evans said...

Thats so cool Brad's brother is going to the New Hampshire, Manchester mission that is where Travis served his mission. From What Travis has told me I'm sure he'll love it!

Allison Serr said...

I'm jealous you were able to go to Alan's farewell! We really wish we could have been there. I'm glad he had so much family support

heather said...

That's a total compliment! I love it when people think I'm younger than I am.